*This review is not being sponsored in full by Illumicrate. I was offered a 10% discount for a completely honest review.*
So today I’m unboxing and reviewing the highly acclaimed Illumicrate! Illumicrate, in my opinion, is one of the prettiest book subscription boxes there are; I usually hate the colour yellow but seriously… This box makes it look amazing!
So What’s In The Box?
- Confetti – As I’m sure most of you know confetti is one of mankind’s best creations and as soon as you open the Illumicrate box you can see that before you get to any of the actual items there is a layer of bright yellow confetti! [which was hella fun to play with! ^-^]
- The Book – The book is “When We Collided by Emery Lord “ I was so excited to see this book! I saw it last month in Waterstones and I’m so happy I didn’t buy it now; but seriously I can’t wait to read this! There was also a signed book-plate (yay!) and four postcards to do with the book!
- To Be Read List Notepad [Exclusive] – This is something that I didn’t know I needed but now I have it I’m so excited! This’ll be great to organize my reading at the beginning of every month.
- Creator – Goodnight Boutique
- Ex Libris Stamp [Exclusive] – I love this stamp so much! If you can’t see it properly then it’s a small fox curled up on what looks like a stack of books. Once I get my hands on some ink I’m pretty sure I’ll be using this all of the time!
- Creator – Little Stamp Store
- Book Club Mug [Exclusive] – Although it’s a bit unusual that this is plastic I have to admit it’s a beautiful design! I’m also loving the Fight Club reference.
- Creator – The Art of Escapism
- Readers Gonna Read Pin – I’ve seen these enameled pins popping up everywhere and for months I’ve been debating buying one to pin on my backpack; I love this pin so much and I’m so happy I have one of these finally!
- Creator – Literary Emporium
- Bookworm Clip [Exclusive] – This bookmark/clip is probably the cutest (it’s a green worm holding a book!) thing in this whole box! It’s adorable, I’m scared to ruin it while using it…
- Creator – My Bookish Mark
- Strange the Dreamer
- Recipes from The Square Root of Summer
- Badges from the Ladybirds Series
- A small card about Mystery and Mayhem
All together everything in this was amazing and makes for a great picture on my Instagram!
Personally, I feel that this box is ideal for anyone who loves books and lives in the UK! If you’re similar to me and live in the UK then this box costs £29.99 with free shipping which I feel is a reasonable price for everything included. If you see below you can see that the value of everything you get in the box comes to certainly more than what I paid!
Bearing in mind that I couldn’t find any of these exact items and had to estimate based on other items available in the individual shops; as a lot of these items were actually exclusive! Including the fact that you also get discounts on the shops used in this box – I think it’s clear that this box is clearly worth it’s price!
I got emailed that my box had been shipped on 12/05/2016 and received it on 14/05/2016 which I was amazing! As I said previously shipping is free for residents of the UK.
Just in case – if you don’t live in the UK shipping costs between £4.99 and £13.99 depending on your location!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I loved this box! It was clear that there was a lot of effort put into making this and it really was worth the money I paid for it. The people who run Illumicrate are amazingly kind and helpful as well which I think always reflects well on the product! Be sure to follow them on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr! If you do end up getting one of these amazing boxes feel free to comment below where you’ve posted about it and I’ll check it out! ^-^