It’s time for my May wrap up! (at last!)
I’m sure a lot of you know that this month was one of the most popular months for new releases! I tried my best to try to make my TBR pile smaller and only buy new releases that I really anticipated but that failed and I ended up buying quite a few books…
Books I Read:
Despite the fact that I didn’t read this between the correct books – the 3rd and 4th – I still absolutely loved this! Novellas are always much easier to lose track of, and therefore get lower ratings because of the varying stories but I think that this was one of the best novella compilations I’ve ever read!
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas (Review)
One of my most anticipated releases of this year; I had sky-high expectations for this book… And it met each and every one of them! The characters and plot in this book are so rich and detailed; this is a great read for any fan of fantasy!
Another one of my most anticipated releases of this year; this book met most of those but not all… I think that as someone who has read all of Rick Riordan’s books this lacked a tiny bit as a book from him, but otherwise this was just as funny and relatable as his other reads!
I picked up this book on a whim really. I mean it was free on e-book so I thought why not? I feel like I don’t read a lot of indie authors and honestly I have no idea why because this book was phenomenal! Sakavic has some of the best written characters I have ever read about and really the only aspect of this book I found to be at all lacking was the concept of building a new sport but nevertheless this book was brilliant!
Unfortunately I wasn’t the biggest fan of this book at all. I found the characters boring, the plot extremely repetitive and the writing extremely slow-paced. This book reminded me as to why I didn’t like the C.H.E.R.U.B series at all. I think that this book’s writing just wasn’t for me…
This book was phenomenal. It was heart wrenching, truthful and beautifully written. This book got a 5 stars and it really does deserve it. Sepetys found a way to portray one of the most tragic events of World War II and make it into something so intricately written and told. I hope to read another one of this author’s books soon because she seriously has an amazing talent for writing.
I think the most important thing about this book was that I preferred it a lot more than the first. I have seen reviews where people say this was very ‘second bookish’ and was just a lot of info dumping but I feel it was very well set out and personally loved it!
Books I obtained:
I didn’t buy a lot more books this month; a couple were pre-orders and I won one in a giveaway!
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas
- The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan
- Hollow City (Peculiar Children #2) by Ransom Riggs
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- The Foxhole Court (All For the Game #1) by Nora Sakavic
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Steifvater
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- I made an Instagram – an.ink.utopia
- I received my first ever Illumicrate!
- I won a giveaway hosted by bookishbells.tumblr.com!
- I created a blog dedicated to all things Shadowhunter: so from TMI, TID, TDA and Shadowhunters! It’s called kitblckthorn.tumblr.com I’m really proud of it so far and it would great if you guys could follow me on it! (p.s. it’s a sideblog)
What did you guys do in May? Anything exciting? Tell me below if you did; I’d love to find out!