It’s Wednesday again which means this is when I bring you guys the Top 5 Wednesdays, created by gingerreadslainey. I think that there aren’t many settings that I really really love it’s usually more about the plot and characters for me but hey!
Here are my picks for this week!
- Desert / Middle Eastern – I love these sort of settings because they remind of my family’s country and just has a very nostalgic feeling to it!
- Third World Countries – A lot of contemporary or magical realism books tend to be set in First World countries like the USA and the UK; but I think it would be nice to see some different perspectives from all over the world.
- Fantasy with an evil queen – I haven’t heard of a lot of YA Fantasy books with an evil queen that also has a male protagonist. I feel that this would be an interesting take on things and something I’d like to read.
- Friendship – I’m not sure if this is really relevant but I really want to read more books centered on platonic friendships and with less or no romance at all
- Mythology – Yes, I know Rick Riordan is the King of mythology when it comes to Middle Grade and YA but seriously there needs to be more of these Mythology is such a wide and expansive topic there’s so much to adapt off of!