Hey everyone! This book tag is called The Ultimate Book Tag and it was created by the lovely people at Chapter Chicks!
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not at all to be honest. I don’t get travel sick at all I love reading on ferries, cars and pretty much anything else that moves!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I’m going to have to go with Benjamin Alire Saenz – his writing is so beautifully poetic and flowing. Honestly his books are like reading poetry!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter 100% because:
- I haven’t read Twilight
- I’m not a fan of books predominantly about werewolves or vampires
- Some thing’s I’ve heard (Jacob) sound really unusual
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I always have a backpack and there’s always a book in there, my iPad and probably some sort of food!
5. Do you smell your books?
Who doesn’t? The smell of both old and new books is honestly one that I can never get enough of!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I find it really hard to read books with illustrations – unless they’re just chapter headers, chapter headers are beautiful! (An Illuminae sort of layout is amazing though!)
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I can’t really think of a book for this… I read a series called Rainbow Magic before Harry Potter and they were ridiculously repetitive but they’re children’s books so that would be expected to be honest…
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Well I started crying when I found out that Harry Potter wasn’t real after I finished the series aged 8.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – it’s 860 pages!
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write a lot – I’m actually doing it as my skill for this scheme I’m a part of! I don’t think I’m good enough to be an author but I still love writing.
12. When did you get into reading?
I started reading a series called Rainbow Magic at the age of 5 but quickly discovered Harry Potter and fell in love.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don’t read a lot of classics at all but I enjoyed The Strange Tale of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
No way – I hate analyzing texts I’m forced to read because I never like them. English would probably be a lot easier and fun for me if there was a wider range of fiction texts.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I’d thank the person and probably pass it on to my best friend!
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
With the whole dystopian theme it’s a bit hard to be honest because I read quite well-known books in that genre… Maybe The Enemy series by Charlie Higson.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t film – I run a book blog, booklr and bookstagram!
18. What is your favorite word?
At the moment it’s inconspicuous – it just rolls of the tongue nicely!
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
If I had to pick one – a nerd probably…
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
It depends on how they’re written to be honest. The deceptive faerie trope is something I love but well written vampires are something I also love!
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Again it really depends on how they’re written but I probably lean more towards Shapeshifters for this one!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Yet again it depends on the writing – I haven’t read a lot of books with werewolves in them to really judge them to be honest!
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies as long as it’s a sort of virus/sci-fi infection; I hate undead zombies they bore me to death. (see what I did there?)
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love all the way. Love Triangles are unimaginably annoying – they frustrate me to no end.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action Packed with some love. I like some balance in the books I read!
Well that’s that tag done – have a bookish day!