Although I planned to watch this on release date I had exams and so had to push my watching time and review forward a little! I wish I had watched this in the cinema though because I feel like it would have been an amazing experience on the big screen – well, maybe next time!
- The Monster’s CGI was amazing – I didn’t expect it to be so good but I loved the Monster’s adaptation so much!
- Lewis MacDougall pulled of Connor’s part so well and I genuinely can’t think of another actor that would have pulled this off so well.
- Sigourney Weaver was also another great pick! She pulled off Connor’s grandma in a way I can’t really see anyone else doing.
- The way the Monster’s stories were shown was phenomenal – I loved the watercolour ascpect and the general aesthetic of them, they were beauitiful.
- The emotion and realism from the books is carried over to the film adaption extremely (and unexpectedly) well!
- Overall CGI was phenomenal as well!
- For some reason I pictured Connor’s mum completley differently although I’m not sure how – I just didn’t click with the acting of her in the movie, albeit being very good.
- I felt like there should have been a lot more focus on the school?
- Pacing was a bit fast to me – a little too fast…
This is what I thought about this movie overall! It was very well acted and an amazing adaptation that stayed very truwe to the novel!